Spice up your salads this week with salmon! Packed with omega 3’s and protein, salmon is one of the healthiest fish you can eat! So toss it into this delicious Greek salad recipe and enjoy!
Greek Salmon Salad
- 1 large salmon filet (8-10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon (you will use the juice from the lemon for the marinade and for the dressing)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ of cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fennel (optional and can substitute red onion instead)
- Feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from your lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoon stevia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Turn your grill on medium-high heat. In a bowl add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Add the salmon filet to the bowl turning a few times so the salmon is completely covered with the marinade. Spray grill with non-stick spray. Grill salmon on both sides for about 6-8 minutes (the amount of time will depend on how thick the salmon is, mine was pretty thick about 1 ½ inches). The salmon should have grill marks and be cooked all the way through, set aside to cool then shred lightly with a fork.
- To make the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk. Prepare the salad and pour the dressing over top. Garnish with chopped dill if desired.
Optional: If you are using fennel add it to a bowl with a little salt and 3 dashes of red wine vinegar. Let it sit for about 10 minutes then pat dry with a paper towel. This lightly pickles the fennel which adds extra flavor.